Bath Away

Welcome to the Sunbury Centre at www.london-irish.co.uk for news and information on London Irish RFC ...

Moderators: Brian W, dom_pedro, PaulHP

Bath Away

by OxonRob on Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:12 am

Since my deep vein thrombosis is still with me, blowing up my right leg to atomic proportions, I can't personally cover Away match reports. A shame because I always make the Bath fixture.

Anyone going to Bath who'd be happy to do a report for the SC - or indeed, anyone happy to cover any other Away game?

All this, until I return to fitness, of course?!! Thereafter I'll be irrepressible, making notes once more, like a young Tintin!
OxonRob

by OxonRob on Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:39 am

Not a single reply, you dirty rotten swines (in an Eckles accent)

You don't deserve a match report!
OxonRob

by dom_pedro on Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:56 pm

Not everyone has the time, patience, ability or confidence to do these reports Rob (me for instance). I'm sure the site will survive the odd missing report, but of course it'd be very much appreciated if one of those going could contribute something, even if it isn't a full blown report. Maybe if you feel you can only really comment upon the backs' play or the scrummages then that'd do nicely.
This cruel country has driven me down, teased me and lied.
I've only sad stories to tell to this town
My dreams have withered and died.
dom_pedro
Site Admin

by Big Papi on Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:25 pm

If my position in the Helphire stand gives me as good a view as last year I should be able to report with a fair degree of accuracy anything that happens within the 22 to the left of the posts...............any other part of the ground would be pure guesswork.
Big Papi

by dom_pedro on Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:16 pm

Ha ha, a new kind of report is born. "On 16 minutes I saw the ball for the first time as Tiesi passed out to Ojo for the score" :lol:
This cruel country has driven me down, teased me and lied.
I've only sad stories to tell to this town
My dreams have withered and died.
dom_pedro
Site Admin

by AlecW on Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:05 pm

Tiesi passed out? Probably lack of oxygen, as they certainly pack 'em in tight at the Rec!
AlecW
AlecW

by AlecW on Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:10 pm

Actually - anyone remember that classic bit of commentary on Rugby Special in a County Championship game - in very serious fog? With the fairly primitive camerawork (this WAS the Beeb in the '70s!), on the TV, you could see nowt. Vague shadowy figures at most, and then only when play was on the near side.

The commentary was wonderful. I think it was Starmers:- "And the Surrey backs are going forward, but I think Yorkshire have the ball. Now the Yorkshire backs are running forward and they are definitely on the attack..."

etc etc!

Go for it, Big Papi!
AlecW
AlecW

by Big Papi on Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:49 am

For reasons which are still unclear, even to me, I seem to have volounteered myself for this.

Please bear with me as it will probably be Monday before I can get it onto the board but at least that will allow me to check with the paper and correct the many glaring inaccuracies which my first draft is bound to contain.
Big Papi

by OxonRob on Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:19 am

Superstar!

Thanks so much from all of us wot were getting upset at the idea of having no eyes and ears of our own!
OxonRob

by Big Papi on Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:39 am

You were so overcome with emotion you never even corrected my spelling of volunteer - you must have been desperate Rob. :D
Big Papi

by OxonRob on Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:22 pm

Desperate understates it Big Papi.

I know there was way too much of the "writing of OxonRob" last season, but this site at least put out a match report on a regular basis.

Now that things are slightly ganging up on me in terms of availability, we desperately need to form a cadre of occasional contributors so that we can carry on airing an opinion on the site!

Which having been said, I shall be covering the Saints game myself, and another (very nice) person is covering Llanelli away.

So, starting with Gloucester, anyone else want to select a match on which to report?

You can always use the PM facility to mail me off-board if you are too shy to volunteer in public!
OxonRob

by PGT on Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:47 pm

BP, if you bring your boots you could also step up as fly-half if Barry has to go off, that would give a whole new perspective to a match report!
PGT

Return to General Rugby Messageboard